Keep the Park safe

In this hot weather the Park is especially dry and extremely vulnerable to fires. A fire can quickly become widespread and out of control in less time than you might think.

Please help us keep the wild life and plant life safe from destruction by being fire aware and observing the following:


  • It is illegal to light fires or barbecues in the Park.

  • Do not leave any bottles or glass. Sunlight shining through glass can start large fires – take glass bottles/jars home or put them safely in a litter bin.

  • Extinguish cigarettes and other smoking materials properly.

  • Never throw cigarette ends out of car windows – they can ignite dry grass very easily.

The Park Management has placed fire risk signs around the Park to remind people.

If you see a fire, alert the Fire Service immediately by calling 999.

An early call could mean the difference between a small, easily controllable fire and a widespread, devastating fire.