Header photo by Jamie Gould
Current volunteer openings
If you are interested in any of the following opportunities or want to know more about volunteering in general please get in touch with Sheila at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering to help in one of our activities is a wonderful way to contribute to the Park.
1. Conservation Group
Conservation work is normally done on Saturday mornings from September to March. Volunteers plant trees, clear rhododendron and do general tidy up. It is physical work and volunteers should have a reasonable level of fitness.
Tools and training in their use will be provided.
2. Adopt an Area
Adopt an Area is a tidy-up scheme in which volunteers select an area of Richmond Park and help to keep it free from litter. If you would like to 'adopt'email email@example.com.
3. Monitoring sports and charity events in the Park
If you would like to join the monitoring team, and help observe and record what occurs on such days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Leading Walks
Walks are an important part of the Friends’ public work and we would welcome more walk leaders. You do not need to be an expert in wildlife, conservation or history; training and sources are available. Qualities required for leading walks include:
- Ability to lead a walk for up to two hours (about 3 miles), but one hour walks are an option.
- Confident in talking to people about the history of the Park, and/or the features of the Park, and/or nature subjects in the Park.
- Notes and sources of this information is available from the current lead ers and publications.
- No minimum number of walks per year, but three or more would be ideal.
- "Understudying" one of the leaders on one of the monthly walks, to see if it appeals, is recommended.
We run a nature-related activity programme for young families, with 5-6 events a year and a team of 8 volunteers. We are thinking about setting up a Discoverers Facebook page to update participants and let them connect with each other. If you have relevant skills to help set up and manage this page, please get in touch.
Please note that for insurance reasons you have to be or Become a member of the Friends to work as a volunteer. Individual membership is £10 per year or family membership £15 per year. Contact email@example.com