Photo by Jamie Gould
26 March 2020
TRP tightens rules and urges visitors to comply – or Park may close
The Royal Parks (TRP) have further restrictions on the use of all Royal Parks to encourage social distancing and prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Isabella Plantation and Pembroke Lodge Gardens are closed.
- All public toilets are closed
For dog walkers:
- All dog walkers must keep dogs on leads.
For runners, TRP say “please can all joggers take extra care to:
- Stay 2m+ from other park users and each other
- Run alone or with a single companion from your household – no groups
For cyclists, TRP say “please:
- Stay 2m+ away from others
- Stick to designated cycle routes
- Respect the speed limit and other park users
- Don’t race or spit
TRP also say: “Work together or we will have to close the parks to cyclists
TRP also make it clear about the restrictions that: “These are rules and not recommendations. With your help we can keep the parks open for everyone who needs them”.
The above restrictions are in addition to those already issued:
- All the Park’s roads are closed to cars; the gates remain open for pedestrians and cyclists.
- All cafes and kiosks are closed
- All playgrounds are closed.
- While most toilets are open and free of charge in order to provide visitors with hand washing facilities, some may be closed because of shortage of staff and supplies
- The Visitor Centre, the Park Office and the Holly Lodge Centre are closed
- All organised sporting activities have stopped, including Park Run
- All Royal Parks-run education and volunteering activities have stopped; this includes the Isabella walks and Volunteer Rangers
The Friends have also stopped or curtailed our activities:
- We have stopped all our formal volunteer activities; this includes the Visitor Centre, practical conservation, Adopt-an-Area litter picking and Discoverers.
- Our AGM on 18 April has been postponed until the autumn and there will be no Saturday morning talks until further notice.
- We have cancelled our normal monthly walks and the planned Year of the Tree tree walks
- We have postponed our Spring Photography Competition until next year, and will decide on the Summer and Autumn competitions nearer the time.